What it is…
The Nudjed health satisfaction survey is a tool that helps your organisation to understand how it’s staff feel about their health. When it comes to increasing engagement in health and wellbeing in a workplace, it’s much more important to consider how someone feels about their health than how healthy they actually are.
The health satisfaction survey is divided into 4 areas:
- Body Shape
- Stress and Emotional Wellbeing
What it measures…
Within each of these areas, the health satisfaction survey asks five questions. The questions are designed to assess a person’s:
Perception – How do they feel about their health? for example, do they feel that they have a healthy body shape?
Intention – Do they want to make a change to that area of health? For example, do they want to improve their fitness?
Impact – Do they think that making a change is likely to have a positive impact? For example, do they think that improving their work:life balance would improve their life?
Current Activity – Are they currently working to improve that area? For example, are they currently doing anything to improve their energy levels?
Interests – What types of activities are they most interested in? For example, are they interested in dance classes, walking, or eating healthier lunches?
Why it was developed…
The health satisfaction survey was developed because it was difficult to get accurate measurements of health within organisations. The following issues always present themselves when you attempt to take physical measurements from members of staff:
- It’s quite personal, and people often feel uncomfortable
- The people you would most like to engage are often the least likely to participate
- People measure themselves innaccurately and inconsistently, so it’s hard to track progress
- It’s time consuming and expensive to measure everyone
- There is the possibility for bias to affect the measurements people report
- The training level of the measurer will determine accuracy
- Once people have their measurements, it’s difficult to know what to do with them.
- It’s hard to decide what the most important measurements are to take.
Why it’s useful…
We feel that they only things that really matter to organisations are; knowing how healthy their employees feel, whether they want to do anything to improve their health, which aspects would have the greatest impact, and what activities would be most popular. These insights allow an organisation to:
- Cut the time it takes to understand health – the health satisfaction survey takes less than 5 minutes to complete
- Identify members of staff who are unsatisfied with their health and provide support
- Identify ‘early adopters’ who will drive engagement in the rest of the team
- Identify the areas that staff want to focus on the most
- Identify which aspects of health will likely have the greatest impact on the lives of their employees
- Identify which types of activities employees enjoy, or want to try
- It is followed-up with use of the Nudjed platform to allow staff to work on the areas that matter most to them
- Nudjed help to build communities around different activities to help members of staff feel connected to each other and provide mutual support
This allows an organisation to focus their efforts in the right places, reduce the costs of wellbeing programmes, and understand their workforce in a way which has fewer negative responses.